Content status: Outdated
Welcome to the College of Business!
Our advisors are here to assist your transition whether you are coming from another University or you’ve changed your major from another school within Purdue University Calumet. We will help you to determine which courses will transfer to your chosen degree and major and then help you develop a plan to graduation.
Transferring to Purdue Calumet from another University
Your first step after being admitted should be to contact one of our advisors to help you develop your plan of study. They will also help you determine which of your courses will transfer in to Purdue Calumet.
Please see the Program Articulations site for lists of articulated courses from schools that students commonly transfer from.
If you are transferring from another school you may check The Online Transfer Credit Equivalency System to see if matches already exist. In any case, you will need to bring an official transcript to the Admissions Office and your courses will be officially articulated and posted to your Purdue Calumet student record.
Transferring to the College of Business from another college within Purdue Calumet
Purdue University Calumet refers to this as a Change Of Degree Objective (CODO). If you are a student in another Purdue Calumet school and want to become a College of Business student, you need to follow the steps below.
- Go to the Enrollment Services Center (Lawshe Hall, Room 130)
- Fill out a CODO form to change your major to one in the College of Business and turn it in to one of the representatives in that office.
- Approximately one week later, return to the Enrollment Services Center to pick up your CODO packet.
- Take the CODO packet to the College of Business (Anderson Building, 3rd Floor) for completion and signatures as indicated on the cover sheet of your packet.
Transfer Policies and Admission Criteria
(effective Fall 2013)
Direct Acceptance to the Program of Study
- Test Scores (SAT CR+M): 850-900
- Overall GPA 2.20 for all other programs
Center for Learning and Academic Success:
- Test Scores (SAT CR+M): 800-849
- Overall GPA 2.0 for all programs
- Transfer students (including inter-campus transfers),
- Change of Degree Objective (CODO) students,
- Re-Entry students (former COB student, stopped out for more than 2 years) and
- Re-Admits (former COB student academically dismissed):
A minimum of 15 college transferring credits AND a cumulative College GPA of at least 2.20 for all courses attempted at previous institutions that are related to the intended major. If no courses are completed in the intended major then record should be sent to the College of Business for analysis and a decision.