Through individual, collaborative relationships with Academic Advisors, students are best able to define and implement coherent educational plans that are consistent with their personal values, goals and career plans. Academic Advisors at Purdue University Calumet strive to help students:
- clarify their life and career goals,
- assess individual academic abilities
- develop suitable educational plans,
- select appropriate courses and complementary educational experiences,
- interpret institutional requirements,
- enhance their awareness of available educational resources (such as internship opportunities,honors, and tutoring programs),
- evaluate their progress toward established goals,
- assist them in completing degree requirements in a timely manner,
- seek out and use support services in the institution and the community.
All new students must attend PUC 101, Freshman Orientation. At the orientation, a freshman advisor will explain the procedure for registration. After completing PUC 101, the freshman student should schedule an appointment with the freshman advisor for consultation and registration. After completing typical freshman classes, students will be directed to a faculty advisor.
Transfer students will also have to see the freshman advisor for an initial evaluation of their transcripts and may be directed to a faculty advisor.
Both prospective and new graduate students should make an appointment to see the Graduate Program Director, for initial advising. A faculty advisor may be assigned later according to individual student’s field of concentration.
Advising for Freshmen and Transfer Students
|Ms. Diane Trgovcich-Zacok
|Freshman and Transfer Students
in all biology programs
Advising for Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors
|J. Curtis Creighton, Ph.D.
Behavioral Ecology, Ecology & Evolution
Ecology Option (animal)
|Young D. Choi, Ph.D.
Plant Community & Restoration
|Secondary Science Education
Ecology Option (plant)
Environmental Science Minor
|Barbara Mania-Farnell, Ph.D.
Associate in Applied Science: Emergency Medical Services
Radmila Sarac, Ph.D.
|Physiology/Cell Biology (physiology)
|Feng-Song Wang, Ph.D.
|Michael I. Zimmer, Ph.D.
Immunology & Microbiology