Through individual, collaborative relationships with Academic Advisors, students are best able to define and implement coherent educational plans that are consistent with their personal values, goals and career plans. Academic Advisors at Purdue University Calumet strive to help students:
- clarify their life and career goals,
- assess individual academic abilities
- develop suitable educational plans,
- select appropriate courses and complementary educational experiences,
- interpret institutional requirements,
- enhance their awareness of available educational resources (such as internship opportunities,honors, and tutoring programs),
- evaluate their progress toward established goals,
- assist them in completing degree requirements in a timely manner,
- seek out and use support services in the institution and the community.
All new students must attend PUC 101, Freshman Orientation. At the orientation, the biology academic advisor, Diane Trgovcich-Zacok will explain the procedure for registration. After completing PUC 101, the freshman student should schedule an appointment with the freshman advisor for consultation and registration. All biology undergradaute students should contact Mrs. Diane Trgovcich-Zacok for all their advising needs including graduation audits. Please make an appointment through LASS/EMS advising office in Gyte 171 phone 219-989-8300, or her office Gyte 171C phone 219-989-4116.
Ms. Diane Trgovcich-Zacok
Both prospective and new graduate students should make an appointment to see the Graduate Program Director, for initial advising. A faculty advisor may be assigned later according to individual student’s field of concentration.