The Department of Biological Sciences at Purdue University Calumet, strives to optimize students’ success and assist them in reaching their academic, professional, and personal goals. Through individual, collaborative relationships with Advisors, students are best able to define and implement coherent educational plans that are consistent with their personal values, goals and career plans. Current and prospective students should contact Heather Drake, EMS Academic Advisor, to arrange advising meetings and answer basic questions about biology programs, course requirements and registration issues. Faculty Advisor can answer more specific questions regarding biology courses, career options, and internship opportunities.
Academic AdvisorHeather Drake, MS
Academic Advisor, College of EMS
Purdue Calumet University
Gyte Building Room 171C
- B.S. in Medical Technology – Feng-Song Wang and Evert Ting
- B.S. in Biology
- General Biology – Any biology faculty
- Biotechnology – Nicole Evans and Radmila Sarac
- Ecology – Young Choi and Curtis Creighton
- Microbiology – Evert Ting and Mike Zimmer
- Physiology/ Cell Biology – Feng-Song Wang and Radmila Sarac
- Preprofessional Programs:
- Prephysical therapy, Preoccupational therapy, Prephysical therapy, Premedicine, Predental, Preoptometry, Prephysician assistant – Barbara Mania-Farnell
- Pre-Pharmacy – Radmila Sarac
- Preveterinary medicine, Agriculture, Biology Teaching – Young Choi
- AAS in EMS – Barbara Mania-Farnell and Evert Ting
- Minor – Biology – Heather Drake or any biology faculty
- Minor – Biotechnology – Nicole Evans and Radmila Sarac
- Minor – Environmental Sciences – Young Choi
For faculty contact information, click here.
Both prospective and new graduate students should make an appointment to see the Graduate Program Director, Prof. Evert Ting, for initial advising. A faculty advisor may be assigned later according to individual student’s field of concentration.W.T. Evert Ting, Ph.D.
Graduate Program Director