2008 Biological Sciences Outstanding Alumni Dr. David Radovich

Dr. David Radovich Dr. David Radovich – General Dentistry

www.munsterdentalhealth.com
Phone Number: 219.836.5424
509 Ridge Rd,
Munster, IN 46321

Professional Achievements

Dr. David Radovich is a lifelong resident of Northwest Indiana. He graduated from St. Casimir grade school and Bishop Noll Institute. His family dentist made a strong impression on him and so he knew from an early age that he wanted to be a dentist himself.

Purdue University Calumet was the perfect college for him. Located only a few miles from home, he was able to work part-time and save on expenses. Pursuing a four-year dental degree (DDS) in Indianapolis at the Indiana University School of Dentistry would be an expensive sacrifice for his family, but he knew that the quality of a Purdue undergraduate degree would be a plus when applying to dental school.

David met his wife Susan while she was in the dental hygiene program. He graduated dental school in 1979 and following their graduations, they got married and started practice together in Munster. Their son Marc attends Lake Central High School. David coached his son’s little league teams for many years and the family attends Westminster Presbyterian Church, where David have been active in the mission committee and other positions. He will soon become a member of the Munster Lions Club.

Dr. Radovich says, “What my Purdue Calumet experience means to me.”

“I would recommend Purdue Calumet to any student interested in a career in the medical field. I attended classes with pre-med, pre-dent, and med-tech students. We studied, worked hard, and helped each other without competition.

The professors and the administration kept us on track to complete our degrees on time and provided us with encouragement when needed. I especially remember professors who were instrumental in supporting me. They include biology instructors Jerry Wermuth, Jane Shoup, Ken Wilson, and Terry Dougherty. Chemistry instructors included Alan Carlson and Mr. Fry.

I am grateful to all the mentors in my life. I feel that the knowledge and encouragement given to me were crucial to success in my profession and in life. Over the years I have shared my dental experience with boy and girl scouts, Eagle scouts, high school, college and dental school students.

I have been rewarded many times when young dentists, dental hygienists, and dental assistants have returned to my office to tell me that I was a part of their success. I encourage any student at Purdue Calumet, or any student you know who has an interest in a dental career, to contact me.”