Event Date: 2006
- All tenure track faculty receive 0.25 release until tenure or promotion.
- Participation in the mentoring program is voluntary.
- Each department or school will solicit mentors based on excellence in teaching, scholarly activity or service.
- Mentors should be knowledgeable regarding the current promotion and tenure process and practices.
- Mentees may choose their mentor or mentors. A mentee may have a separate mentors for teaching and scholarly work.
- Each mentor and mentee will meet monthly during the academic year.
- Mentors receive a 0.1 FTE per mentee or service recognition within their unit for participation each semester.
- The mentoring process will be assessed annually for its effectiveness.
- The Center for Instructional Excellence will provide an orientation program for mentors and mentees each semester.
- The Center for Instructional Excellence (CIE) will act as the central resource for mentoring faculty at Purdue University Calumet.
Submitted by the Faculty Development Committee
Janice Tazbir, Chair