Continuing Education for Professional Engineers
Professional Engineering Ethics
- Earn 1.0 PDH *
- Meets Indiana Board ethics course requirements
- Highly skilled and experienced instructor
- Convenient – web based, self-paced
- Explore issues and concerns that are important today
This course is intended to provide the following specific knowledge and skills:
- The relationship between Indiana Administrative Code for Professional Engineers and Engineering Societies’ codes of ethics
- The purpose and importance of codes of ethics and ethical perspectives
- The application of ethical principles to specific cases in an engineering context
- Prepare Indiana Professional Engineers for re-licensure for 2014
Dr. Cohen is Chancellor Emeritus at Purdue University Calumet, where he served as Chancellor for 10 years. He earned his undergraduate degree in philosophy from the University of Minnesota, and his master’s and doctorate degrees in philosophy from Harvard University. His philosophical interests have focused on ethics for the professions and social philosophy. Dr. Cohen is a seasoned instructor of Engineering Ethics.
How to Register: Register online or by calling Linda Robinson at 219-989-2765.
Course fee: $50
Materials: Resource materials and login instructions will be sent following receipt of payment.
For additional information, please contact:
Linda Robinson, 219-989-2765 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Professional Engineering Ethics is one course in a series of continuing education courses designed to meet the requirements of the Indiana State Board of Professional Engineers. In order to possess active certificates, Indiana Professional Engineers are required to complete each biennium:
- thirty (30) hours of continuing education
- at least one (1) hour of continuing education in ethics