Continuing Education for Professional Engineers
Due Diligence for Construction
Related Projects (2.0 PDH)
May 14, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (C.S.T.)
CIVS Immersive Theater, Powers Building, Room 115
Purdue University Calumet
2200 169th Street, Hammond, IN 46323
- Counts towards two Professional Development Hours (PDH)*
- Experienced instructor
- Interactive discussions regarding various types of projects
- State-of-the-art facility
- Limited to 30 participants
Akhtar (Art) Zaman, P.E., LEED AP BD+C
Mr. Zaman is a Senior Project Engineer and Branch Manager with Cardno ATC, an international environmental, indoor air quality, geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing (CMT) firm located in Highland, IN. He is a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in both Indiana and Illinois and a LEED AP® BD+C. Mr. Zaman has over 18 years of experience in various types of projects in geotechnical engineering, construction materials testing (CMT) and environmental consulting. He earned his undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from the BUET, Dhaka, Bangladesh, and MS in Civil (geo-environmental) Engineering from Texas Tech University, in Lubbock, TX.
This course is designed to provide a basic understanding of various steps that are typically performed for construction related projects. The presentation will cover Environmental Site Assessments (ESA), SPCC plan, indoor air quality and industrial hygiene (asbestos, LBP, mold survey), geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing (CMT) services.
How to Register: Register online or by calling Linda Robinson at 219-989-2765.
Course fee: $75.00
For additional information, please contact:
Linda Robinson, 219-989-2765 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Due Diligence for Construction Related Projects is a continuing education course designed to meet the requirements of the Indiana State Board of Professional Engineers. In order to possess active certificates, Indiana Professional Engineers are required to complete each biennium:
- thirty (30) hours of continuing education