- What professional organizations do you recommend I join?
- What is the range for starting salaries in our field?
- What does your typical work day consist of?
- What assignments/projects can I expect to be assigned as an entry-level person in my career?
- What classes (electives or core) would be most helpful?
- Is a graduate degree necessary for someone in my field and if so, what major would be most beneficial?
- Are there certain specialty areas in my field that are in higher demand in today’s job market?
- How do you see our field changing in the next five or 10 years and how would someone best prepare for those changes?
- What professional publications are most helpful in our industry?
- What surprised you when you entered the job market after college?
- Who do you admire most in our field and why?
- Is there anything you would do differently if you had the chance to be a student again?
- What do you enjoy most about your job? …enjoy least?
- What’s a typical position someone who has been in our field straight from college? …after working five years? …after working 10 years?
- How did your degree from Purdue Calumet compare to your colleagues degrees from other institutions?
Purdue Alumni Calumet
Lawshe Hall, Room 322
2200 169th Street
Hammond, IN 46323-2094
1-800 HI-PURDUE, x.2308
Locally within Indiana & Illinois