Satisfy your hunger for intellectual nourishment!
Purdue University Calumet is pleased to invite you to participate in our Fall 2014 Friday University program. Friday University provides noncredit enrichment courses on Purdue Calumet’s campus for adult learners of all ages. Classes are designed to satisfy a hunger for intellectual nourishment without the pressure of tests and grades, as well as, meet faculty and other program participants. There are no educational prerequisites to participate.
New for 2014…Set your own Course Schedule 9:00am-2:45pm; three courses a day, Friday October 24th and Friday October 31st! The registration fee of $60 each day includes the class, class materials, and a light snack. There is a discounted fee of $100 for pre-registering for both days!
Space is limited so fill out your Registration Form and mail it in today!
Registration is requested by October 10. You will be contacted to confirm your registration. Walk-in registration is available but class availability is not guaranteed.
Class Schedule – click on each title for more information
Friday, October 24th | 9:00-2:45, breakfast and lunch included | $60
- Memoir Writing 101
- How and Why the Federal Reserve Innovated during the Great Recession
- Waltzing with Dictators
- Shakespeare: A Commemorative Event at Purdue Calumet
- What’s the deal with “Race and Ethnicity”?
- Inter-disciplinary Approaches in Regional Economic Development
- Encountering the Great American Songbook
- Doing Business in China
- Heresy, Saints, and Inquisitions into the Middle Ages
Friday, October 31st | 9:00am-2:45, breakfast and lunch included | $60
- Outcasts United- One Book One University common reading selection
- China and Its Pandas
- Hitler, Mussolini and Pop Pius XI
No refunds will be made after the course begins. We reserve the right to cancel any class with low registration.
For additional information, please call (219) 989-2308 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.