The Office of University Relations also includes Creative Services and Information Center.
- Serves as Purdue University Calumet’s official news source;
- Prepares academic program brochures, various other student recruitment materials, the university catalog–in cooperation with the Office of the Registrar-and other university brochures and publications;
- Produces the campus magazine – PURDUE CALUMET – for all students, their families, alumni, and friends of the university;
- Prepares and places institutional advertising;
- Maintains the campus’ Speakers/Resource Directory;
- Is responsible for content, design, technical navigation and policy enforcement of the Purdue University Calumet Web site;
- Produces the weekly, 30-minute radio program, “Purdue Calumet Sports Insight,” broadcast Fridays at 5:30 p.m. on Hammond station WJOB (1230-am);
- Writes a bi-monthly column, Purdue University Calumet: On Campus, for the Post-Tribune newspaper;
- Coordinates production of student recruitment and other community university video presentations;
- Produces the Next Level newsletter, highlighting university achievements;
- Markets the university in various ways;
- Coordinates annual “Working Smarter” community workshop with The Times and The Post-Tribune newspapers;
- Enforces campus-wide graphic standards;
- Provides various print graphic design services to the campus community;
- Provides sports information assistance.
- Programs outdoor electronic signage
Part of Purdue University Calumet’s Advancement arm, the Office of University Relations is the official source of information about Purdue University Calumet.
The Office of University Relations serves the university and its external and internal publics by implementing informational strategies, activities and initiatives of spoken, printed and electronic means that convey the Purdue University Calumet story. The Office does so both proactively and in response to requests.
More specifically, the Office attempts to:
- disseminate and clarify information about the university;
- provide consistent, clear messages about Purdue University Calumet;
- effectively assist the news media and other publics;
- bolster image and advance those characteristics and information that emphasizes educational quality in the Purdue tradition, while distinguishing Purdue University Calumet’s quality of programs and services from other institutions;
- publicize strengths, achievements and successes of the university, its programs and its people;
- administer and uphold the accepted standards by which university identity, branding, messages and information are to be conveyed.