Degree-Seeking Transfer Students

An applicant transferring from another college (non-Purdue campus) must submit the following items:

  • Completed application for admission
  • Completed Transfer Credit Documentation Sheet
  • Official high school transcript and/or, GED scores
  • Official college transcripts from each institution attended (if applicable, see Transfer Credit Documentation Sheet)
  • $30.00 Transfer Credit Evaluation Fee (if applicable, see Transfer Credit Documentation Sheet)

Applicants with fewer than 15 college level semester credits earned must submit results of SAT/ACT or placement tests. STUDENTS WHO GRADUATE HIGH SCHOOL IN 2006 AND BEYOND WILL BE REQUIRED TO TAKE THE WRITING COMPONENT OF THE SAT OR ACT.

Exception: For applicants whose high school graduation date was at least one year prior to their intended semester of enrollment, appropriate placement test results from the university’s Skills Assessment and Development Center will substitute for SAT or ACT scores.

Exception: Applicants with more than 15 college level credits but without a college level English Composition course equivalent to Purdue Calumet’s English 104 or without college level mathematics may be required to provide other test scores as well.

Transfer credit is established through these procedures:

  1. Applicants who have attended another college or university must complete a Transfer Credit Documentation Sheet. Students who wish to transfer non-Purdue course-work from a regional accredited institution must submit an official transcript and pay a $30.00 Transcript Credit Evaluation Fee (this fee is non-refundable).
  2. Purdue University Calumet accepts credit from regionally accredited institu- tions for college level classes in which the student has received a grade of C minus or better. The university reserves the right to determine the transferability and acceptance of transfer credit.
  3. Course equivalencies are determined by respective academic departments (e.g. math course equivalencies are determined by the the Department of Mathematics, Computer Science and Statistics)
  4. Transfer courses will be evaluated by an Academic Advisor on an individual basis by program of study to determine how credits will apply toward plan of study and graduation requirements.
  5. Purdue University Calumet accepts a maximum of 90 credits toward a baccalaureate degree from other colleges and universities.

Transfer Credit 

Transfer Indiana – TransferIn and

Purdue University Calumet supports and encourages prospective transfer students to visit the Indiana Commissions of Higher Education Transfer Indiana web site at to view the Core Transfer Library (CTL) — a list of courses that will transfer among all Indiana public college and university campuses, assuming adequate grades.

Within Indiana’s TransferIn site, the program allows prospective transfer students to view how credits may be evaluated and utilized by desired transfer institution(s).

TransferIn and are free services for anyone interested in learning about:

  • How courses transfer between participating college or universities
  • The degree programs colleges and universities offer How to plan for transfer

TransferIn and work best for students who:

  • Already know where they are going to transfer, or at least have their options narrowed down to a few colleges or universities
  • Plan to take one or two classes at another college or university to transfer back to their native institution

TransferIn and can show:

  • If credits may have equivalents at another college or university
  • How credits may be applied toward a degree at another college or university

TransferIn and can also show:

  • If there are courses you can take at another institution over the summer that will transfer back to your native college or university and how they may count toward your degree
  • What course(s) you may need to graduate
  • What course(s) you may need if you decide to change majors

You will find TransferIn and helpful and efficient in your planning. However, you are encouraged to plan your course of study carefully and early. Seek detailed information from your advisor and the college or university to which you wish to transfer.

Transfer to a Bachelor of Science in Technology Program.

A transfer applicant from a non-Purdue campus who wishes to enter one of Purdue Calumet’s Bachelor of Science programs in technology must have an equivalent to an associate degree in technology. Students transferring into pro­grams accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology from programs not accredited by this orga­nization may establish credit by departmental placement exam or demonstrated competency in subject matter.

Program Articulations – Institutions:

  • Ivy Tech Community College
  • Vincennes University
  • South Suburban Community College
  • Prairie State College
  • Moraine Valley Community College
  • Joliet Junior College
  • Triton Community College
  • Kankakee Community College