Transfer Credit Documentation Sheet – more info

  1. Carefully read the information and contact the Office of Admissions if you have any questions.
  2. Fully disclose all post-secondary institutions (other than Purdue) on the reverse side of this form. List the name, city, state and country of each institution
  3. Indicate whether you will submit or not submit a transcript for each institution.
  4. Sign and date the bottom of the form and print your name beneath your signature.
  5. Return the completed form to:

Office of Admissions
Purdue University Calumet
2200-169th Street
Hammond, IN 46323-2094

OR submit the online form.

Social Security Number Disclosure:

For NON-International Students: Your social security number is needed to identify your educational records, see below. This number is restricted to University use only.

The social security number (SSN) will not be used as your Purdue University Calumet student identification number. It is required to receive certain federal tax benefits, and voluntarily requested to apply for financial aid and to accurately match your application with other records such as SAT or ACT scores or transcripts. Disclosure of your SSN will be restricted to University business processes, such as those required for federal and state reporting as well as institutional purposes. By providing your SSN, you authorize the University to disclose it to third parties as necessary for these purposes.

Purdue University ID (PUID):

Upon admission to Purdue University Calumet, you will be issued a Purdue University system wide student identification number or PUID.

Transfer Credit Information

To begin, submit the application for admission, transfer documentation sheet (attached), $30.00 (US) transcript evaluation fee, official high school/secondary school transcript and official college transcript(s) (if choosing to submit) to Purdue University Calumet’s Office of Admissions.

You will receive an Acceptance Letter that will identify your Academic Advisor. Call your advisor for information and an appointment to plan your schedule of classes for the coming semester.

Separately, you will also receive your evaluation report of transfer of credit. Course work of “C-” or above will transfer to PUC from a college or university accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools or one of the other regional accrediting associations. Engineering courses must also be from an ABET (American Board of Engineering and Technology) accredited institution.

If you receive your transfer credit evaluation before your advising appointment, retain the evaluation and take it with you when you meet with your advisor so you may discuss how your transfer credits may apply to your program requirements.

If you do not receive your transfer credit evaluation before your advising appointment, PLEASE take a copy of all college transcripts to your advising appointment for review. Your advisor must assist you with course selection for scheduling purposes. If you do not have copies of your college transcripts contact the Office of Admissions and arrange to pick up copies. You will need to provide photo ID verification for pick up.

Except when being considered for admission into programs within the School of Nursing, you may be eligible for direct admission into your major if you have at least 15 transferable, semester hours from an accredited college and meet the subject matter requirements for your chosen major as shown in the catalog.

Applicants not meeting direct requirements may be granted admission at a preparatory level. Once the course deficiencies have been completed, you may then at the consent of the Academic Department move into your major.

You may transfer to PUC with less than 15 credit hours of college work. If you have not successfully completed college level English composition and Mathematics, you may be required to take our English and Math placement tests to qualify for admission.

Not everything that will transfer is guaranteed to be used in your plan of study and help you graduate, the key question is “Will your transfer credits fulfill requirements toward your degree program?” Only your Academic Advisor and Department awarding the degree can answer this question for you.

PUC accepts no special credit received at other institutions for transfer of credit. You may have the opportunity to complete departmental testing at PUC, inquire with your advisor. AP and CLEP credit must be submitted separately to Purdue Calumet Admissions by submitting an official score report from the College Board which will then be evaluated based upon PUC requirements.

Our website has additional information pertaining to “What’s happening at Purdue University Calumet“. Visit us at: Also visit our online transfer equivalency system at: (see reverse side).

Transfer Requirements

Applicants who have attended another college or university must complete a transfer credit documentation sheet (click here). Students who wish to transfer non-Purdue coursework from an accredited institution must submit an official transcript and pay a $30.00 Non-refundable Transcript Evaluation Fee.

Purdue University Calumet accepts all credit from regionally accredited institutions for college level classes in which the student has received a grade of C- or better.

Transfer students must have a C average and appropriate subject matter preparation to be admitted directly to their major except when being considered for admission into programs within the School of Nursing which requires committee consideration. Transfer applicants who do not have a C average or who fail to meet the subject matter requirements may be eligible to enroll in a preparatory program.

Credit earned at other accredited institutions will be evaluated in terms of how it fulfills the graduation requirements at Purdue Calumet

Purdue University Calumet accepts a maximum of 90 credits towards graduation from other colleges and universities.

The Online Transfer Credit Equivalency System

A web based program designed for transfer students and advisors to compare Purdue University Calumet course credit with that of other colleges and universities.

Click Here

Step 1: Choose the state where you are transferring from.

Step 2: Choose the school from which you will be transferring.

Step 3: Choose one of three report types that will meet your needs:

  1. Full Report
    All established equivalents
  2. Report by Course Subject
    Equivalencies by subject only
  3. Class-to-Class Comparison
    Single course equivalencies

Please note:

  • When reading the transfer equivalency report, the left side of the report will show the transfer courses and Purdue University Calumet course equivalents will be listed on the right side.
  • If your course does not show in the report, it doesn’t mean it is not transferable, it means it doesn’t exist yet in the database.
  • On some reports, the course equivalent is “UND”, which stands for undistributed. This means that no direct equivalency has been established.
  • On some reports the course subject is “—“ this means that there is no equivalent course subject currently established at Purdue University Calumet.