Non-Degree Seeking Students

Purdue University Calumet welcomes students pursuing studies for personal or professional enrichment. Students not pursuing a degree are admitted as non-degree-seeking students and may be admitted in the following circumstances:

1. Visiting  Non-Degree Seeking Students: A student who is currently pursuing a degree at another college/university, but taking courses with Purdue University Calumet. Those who wish to enroll for one semester must submit a completed application. Click here for instructions on registering for summer courses.

2. Adult Learners: Adults with special interests and expertise who are enrolling for personal enrichment. Transcripts of credits and SAT scores are recommended but not required.

3. Students applying for the Certificate in Supervision: Transcripts of credits and SAT scores are recommended but not required.

4. Students applying for Post-Baccalaureate Certificates in Information Systems and Computer Programming, in Statistics, in Facilities Management, in Electrical Engineering Technology and in Writing: Transcripts from accredited institutions of higher education are required to verify receipt of an appropriate bachelor’s degree.

5. Company Employees: Employees of local businesses and industries who need further education in specific areas may enroll in selected courses with the recommendation of their employers. Transcripts of credits and SAT scores are recommended and may be required for advising purposes.

6. High School Students: High school students must meet the university’s admission requirements as determined by the student’s rank in class, test scores and strength of college preparatory program. High school students may take courses for credit at Purdue Calumet in two different circumstances:

  • Concurrent enrollment: Seniors interested in earning college credit while still enrolled in high school should contact their guidance counselor for a concurrent enrollment application.
  • Rule Ten Program: Students who have completed a minimum of four semesters of high school and who are interested in using their college credits to meet high school graduation requirements should contact their high school guidance counselor for a Rule Ten Enrollment Application.



Once all the required documents are ready to be submitted, please send them to:

                                                   Office of Admissions
                                                Lawshe Hall, Room 130
                                            173rd and Woodmar Avenue
                                          Hammond, Indiana 46323-2094