On behalf of Purdue University Calumet’s faculty, staff and students we welcome you to our learning community! As part of the Purdue University system, we pride ourselves on our ability to offer a high quality education in many disciplines to an ever-changing population of students. Our students are prepared to be lifelong learners and contributors through personal enrichment, athletic programs, and student leadership activities.
Below are the next steps and deadlines for students who have received their acceptance letter in the mail and plan to accept their offer of admission:
- Acceptance deadline for Fall 2014 : May 1, 2014
- Housing Application Deadline for 2014-2015 : May 1, 2014
New Student Orientation
All new students are required to attend one of our new student orientation programs. You have the opportunity to meet new people, learn how to navigate our institution’s technology resources, hear from faculty members regarding life in a Purdue University Calumet classroom, and hear about tips and tricks on becoming a successful student at Purdue University Calumet.
Please review the 5 steps below to ensure you have completed all the necessary steps:
- Accept admissions offer
- Complete the Math Placement Exam (if applicabale)
- Complete and submit the New Student Orientation registration form
- Ensure you receive confirmation email with New Student Orientation date & time
- Pay $30 non-refundable New Student Orientation fee PRIOR to attending orientation. Click here to make your payment.
Please click here for additional information.
Math Placement Testing
ALEKS is an online math placement assessment, which means that you may take it from any location – home, library, Testing Services Center – anywhere you’re most comfortable. Most incoming students will need to take ALEKS to determine appropriate math course placement.
This is an important assessment, one you should take seriously in order to determine accurate course placement based on your math skill. You will have three attempts within a six-week time frame, with your last score used for placement.
For more information about ALEKS testing, please see the ALEKS Math Placement website at webs.purduecal.edu/testing-center/aleks-math-placement/.
Interested in joining the University Village Community?
The following information is required to be considered for housing:
- Completed housing contract
- $20.00 non-refundable application fee
- $200.00 refundable housing deposit
- Completed immunization form
Housing is limited and assignments are done on a first come, first serve basis. So don’t delay!
For more information please refer to the housing website by clicking here.