Clerical, Service and Administrative Professional Support Staff Recognition
The “Going the Extra Mile with A Smile” award is designed to reward clerical, service and administrative professional support staff within the Academic Affairs area who have exhibited exemplary customer service and/or gone beyond the expected to provide noteworthy service to the University.
Recognition will be awarded twice per year in December and May.
The Clerical / Administrative Staff Committee is seeking qualified nominations. The committee looks for details regarding a nominee’s customer service skills and helpfulness; attitude; problem solving ability; work ethic and diligence; and that “extra” quality of going beyond the job duties. If you have witnessed a coworker whom you feel meets the criteria for this award, please take a few minutes to complete the nomination form.
|Committee Members include:|
|Janice Novosel, International Programs Office (Chair)||Kathy Hejmej, College of LASS|
|Susan Van Til, History and Political Science||Julie Osborn, International Programs Office|
|Susan Delatorre, Chemistry and Physics||Heather Cook, College of Nursing|
- Any regular clerical, service or administrative professional support staff (benefits-eligible employee) within Academic Affairs may be nominated. *
- There will be a total of 4 winners per year – 2 in December and 2 in May. Deadlines for submitting nominations are Nov. 15 & April 21.
- There are two methods of nomination:Any employee of Purdue University Calumet may nominate an Academic Affairs clerical, service or administrative professional support staff member.
Self-nomination. The committee recognizes that there may be times when an individual performs an outstanding service that is not observed by others. Self-nominations must be submitted on this form and signed by the immediate supervisor.
- The committee will review nominations and make selections.
- A non-winning entry may only be resubmitted once for consideration.
- Each person selected will be notified by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. Winners will have their choice of merchandise from an awards catalog or a Calumet Campus Shop gift card valued at $50.00.
* Excludes director or dept head level administrators or above, faculty members, and student workers.